Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WHAT!!! You're not hanging the cabinets yourself????? 🤣

I knew I'd be exhausted after the prep, and I was right. I am gonna be. Just the cabinet installation labor is $1,500. I can only imagine how much I would have had to spend to get the other issues fixed or upgraded. We are still discussing whether there were 6.5 million or 7 million ring-shank nails in that last section of underlayment to come out. It took me 5 hours.

Lowe's has those oscillating tools in a kit on sale for $99, so I'm just gonna buy one today so I can start using it. When the replacement arrives, if one quits I will have another. Got to move on...

This is what you might find in one hole when planting a vineyard. Orange tube at top is 24 inches long.

View attachment 112586
Reminds me of my yard. Planting anything is an all day affair and either a bushel basket size boulder or a wheelbarrow full of softball to basketball size rocks. :tz

I knew I'd be exhausted after the prep, and I was right. I am gonna be. Just the cabinet installation labor is $1,500. I can only imagine how much I would have had to spend to get the other issues fixed or upgraded. We are still discussing whether there were 6.5 million or 7 million ring-shank nails in that last section of underlayment to come out. It took me 5 hours.

Lowe's has those oscillating tools in a kit on sale for $99, so I'm just gonna buy one today so I can start using it. When the replacement arrives, if one quits I will have another. Got to move on...
Well, I'll bet that underlayment never buckled up, did i t? 🤣🤣

8 hours yesterday got it done. It could have gone smoother if the drain pipe wasn't installed at an angle. Some minor wiring work on a rainy day today. That wire coming through a hole in the wall for the dishwasher will not stay that way, plus it is located too far to the left. And I need to run a power wire for the under cabinet light switch. If it isn't raining, I will go get the material for the walls tomorrow. And hey, you know you are doing old work when the insulation says NEW on it! 😄 Every piece of sheetrock is stamped Made in USA and has a patent number on it. Eleven days until cabinets arrive. Still quite a bit to do but it is getting better.

IMG_4000.JPG

IMG_20240516_113756672.jpg

8 hours yesterday got it done. It could have gone smoother if the drain pipe wasn't installed at an angle. Some minor wiring work on a rainy day today. That wire coming through a hole in the wall for the dishwasher will not stay that way, plus it is located too far to the left. And I need to run a power wire for the under cabinet light switch. If it isn't raining, I will go get the material for the walls tomorrow. And hey, you know you are doing old work when the insulation says NEW on it! 😄 Every piece of sheetrock is stamped Made in USA and has a patent number on it. Eleven days until cabinets arrive. Still quite a bit to do but it is getting better.

View attachment 112643

View attachment 112644
So, probably installed in the 1950's, because according to Owens Corning website:
  • 1956: an experimental machine in Newark, Ohio, manufactured the first all fiber (AF) fiberglass wool, using the first AF fiberizer design. The Sales Department requested a method of distinguishing the new AF insulation from the standard PF product. In response to this request, red dye was added to the AF Wool binder, thus creating the company’s iconic PINK insulation.

So, probably installed in the 1950's, because according to Owens Corning website:
  • 1956: an experimental machine in Newark, Ohio, manufactured the first all fiber (AF) fiberglass wool, using the first AF fiberizer design. The Sales Department requested a method of distinguishing the new AF insulation from the standard PF product. In response to this request, red dye was added to the AF Wool binder, thus creating the company’s iconic PINK insulation.
Before the pink stuff ......

Fiberglass insulation was invented by accident at Corning Glass in the early 1930s. John Thomas, a NIHF inductee, hired a college student named Kleist to work on architectural glass blocks, including spraying molten glass. Thomas realized the process could be used to commercially produce fiberglass, and the two patented the steam-blown process. In 1938, Owens-Illinois and Corning Glass formed Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corporation to make fiberglass products using the Kleist-Thomas process.

Latest posts

Back