4 Liter Jug Caps - Carlo Rossi Jug

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Junior
Reaction score
Looking for plastic caps to fit the 4 liter Carlo Rossi wine jugs. I’ve got the bungs for the airlocks (#8 I believe) and have been using them, but I’m thinking a plastic screw cap with grommet and airlock may work better. Any suggestions?

Edit….. I just found that a #6 bung may fit better for the airlock. I’m using #8 and they sit pretty high. The #8 work well on the 1 gallon jugs. I ordered some #6 bungs for secondary, but would still like caps for bulk aging. Will 38mm work?

Last edited:
Many moons ago I purchased plastic caps drilled for airlocks -- I stopped using them as it didn't appear they were airtight.

I'd use drilled stoppers instead, as you can be sure they seal. I use vented bungs that barely fit, just 1/4" into the jug mouth, but they work. and for bulk aging eliminate the need to watch the airlock.

Looking for plastic caps to fit the 4 liter Carlo Rossi wine jugs. I’ve got the bungs for the airlocks (#8 I believe) and have been using them, but I’m thinking a plastic screw cap with grommet and airlock may work better. Any suggestions?

Edit….. I just found that a #6 bung may fit better for the airlock. I’m using #8 and they sit pretty high. The #8 work well on the 1 gallon jugs. I ordered some #6 bungs for secondary, but would still like caps for bulk aging. Will 38mm work?
They fit the 38mm caps that are sold. I have bought screw caps with a hole for airlock, most were fine. Others I had trouble with, because the cheap airlocks were smaller diameter tube than expected.
For closed storage, the 38mm polycone caps are great. Plain old plastic caps are fine too, but I don't use for long term wine storage.

Latest posts

Back