Cellar Craft Allinone pump

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Broge5

Reaction score
Finally got to use my all-in-one pump. I love it. Worked perfectly.

I was racking a Celler Craft Sterling Tempranillo from the fine ladies and secondary fermentation. I had vigorously degassed a couple weeks ago with the drill and paddles And added sorbate and fining agents. I was anxious to see how much more CO2 would still come out. At first I thought I was getting a pretty good bit of CO2 and probably was getting some, but then I realized I had made a small mistake. Because I only had one actual racking cane, I turned it upside down and used it to splash down the side of the empty carboy. For the full carboy I use the racking cane that was part of an easy siphon. I noticed quite a bit of bubbles coming through the tube from one carboy to the other and realized that there was probably air being sucked through the seal on the easy siphon. I hope I didn't accidentally oxygenate too much.

I'm planning to sit let it sit for 1-3 months to check for sediments. And then rack and bottle. This is the first wine kit I've started, I know picking a dry one is difficult because it will be sometime before I can taste this, But from what you guys say, patience is rewarded.

I love the all-in-one. Can't wait to use it on the next batch that sitting In secondary

Back