Busy Saturday

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcasey

Reaction score
I finally bottled a couple of wines and labeled them as well. I had to label - both were whites. Now they can just age nicely, get over bottle shock and be ready for enjoyment over the summer and then again as gifts for Christmas.

20100321_144023_DSCN5728_Deskto.JPG

20100321_143648_Publication1_De.jpg

That looks fantastic. I too had a busy day yesterday, but on a different task. Last week a gentleman gave me 92 used 750 ml bottles. I spent the day soaking and washing. I now have a very nice looking 'Christmas tree'. Maybe one of these days I too will have something to put in them.

Arden

A beautiful job and fantastic labels! Congratulations on all the fine work!

Great job, I see some tasters corks on a few there, might we have had some drinks afterwards or did you run out of corks.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone!
The tasters are in the fridge. Those are in screw cap bottles because I wanted a couple available that I could enjoy without worrying about bottle shock. For some reason I don't have many white wines on hand ...........

appleman said:
Where you gonna put them? You are soon to be out of room- again! Great labels.

Fortunately I made a lot of meads last year. So while I still have lots to bottle, I should still have some room and the meads, except for the gallon test batches will not be bottled for at least another year. We also will have, as soon as hubby sets it up, a white and a red served right from a keg which will save some space. Perhaps when the oldest graduates form college this May we'll go through a few at his party.

I did some more work this morning. Figured since I bottled 2 kegs I needed to fill at least 1 keg back up or my husband might steal it for beer. Only had a small taste and it still needs another year at least, but wow that's good and I wish I had picked up the Red Mt. Cab at the same time.

20100322_103255_DSCN5729_Deskto.JPG

Back