emergency question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyt

Reaction score
I was vacuum racking MMM rojo intensio from Italian carboy to 6 gal vadia barrel. I thought the barrel was larger so I didn't watch too closly. Them I heard the splashing and about 500ml got sucked into the canister of the easy-vac I got from Wade a few months ago. Can I still use the 500 ml overflow as top up wine or do I need to throw it away. I keep the vacuum hose and canister clean and even spray sanitizer in the hose and overflow tank. but I don't know about the air that goes through once it is turned on.

If your canister is clean, I would have no problem using the wine in it.

A little perspective, you are worried about 500 ml of wine compares to 22Liters which of 44 times more important than the little bit you have wasted not paying attention when you were racking? You can not do anything else when you are vacuming, a leak can pop up and your wine could all dribble out onto the floor, or an air leak could develop and you areate your whole batch of wine. I even make sure I dont have to wiz before starting up the vacum :):) Crackedcork

I was vacuum racking MMM rojo intensio from Italian carboy to 6 gal vadia barrel. I thought the barrel was larger so I didn't watch too closly. Them I heard the splashing and about 500ml got sucked into the canister of the easy-vac I got from Wade a few months ago. Can I still use the 500 ml overflow as top up wine or do I need to throw it away. I keep the vacuum hose and canister clean and even spray sanitizer in the hose and overflow tank. but I don't know about the air that goes through once it is turned on.

I agree with Bob - if you cannister is clean - i would use it. If you are worried about it - 500ml is not that much - get a like wine to top off with - and drink the last 250ml :h

I would drink it just to be certain that it is safe to drink. LOL :b

Back