First Batch Bottled

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devnull

Junior
Reaction score
Just wanted to update - we just finished bottling our first batch. Mango wine, made from a high quality mango puree!

I started this project around Mother's Day and just bottled today. The OG was higher than it should have been at 1.130 with a FG of 1.020, so 14.4% and it's pretty sweet - but we actually like it sweet so happy little accident. My wife said it might be one of her favorite wines she's ever tasted.

Because of all the residual sugar I went ahead and added sorbate and kmeta right before bottling. The SG hasn't changed in months but it just seemed right.

As a lot of people have said, it's not perfect - but it is mine and I do love it!

Thanks again for all the help, I have several more batches right behind this so I'm super excited!

Attachments

• PXL_20240820_012752411.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240820_012752411.PORTRAIT.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
sadly you've been addicted without even knowing it, lol
congrats, nothing taste as good or as satisfying as creating your own wine.
now comes the carboys, all the little toys and the unending urge for the next.
myself I do country wines (fruits/berries) I run my ABV% UP High, and the Fruit/Berry way up to compensate to end up as best as i can to
make it taste as if it came from the tree, bush, bramble ect.
Dawg

sadly you've been addicted without even knowing it, lol
congrats, nothing taste as good or as satisfying as creating your own wine.
now comes the carboys, all the little toys and the unending urge for the next.
myself I do country wines (fruits/berries) I run my ABV% UP High, and the Fruit/Berry way up to compensate to end up as best as i can to
make it taste as if it came from the tree, bush, bramble ect.
Dawg
I've already collected so much gear and my Amazon cart has a ton more!

Also, I'm right there with you - I'm doing some mead right now but other than that it's all fruit and berry with higher ABV.

My next purchase is going to have to be some racks or crates to store all this wine I've been making!

My next purchase is going to have to be some racks or crates to store all this wine I've been making!
I am using this one in my wine room: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PPQ9HDF/

If you are using natural cork, it is important to store the bottles on their side or upside down. You can store them upside down in a wine box from the grocery store. I do that as well. The only down side to that is that if there is any sediment, it ends up at the top of the bottle rather than the side or the bottom.

Such a rack is nice but is only suitable if you don't have a lot of wine to store.
I don't have enough space in my wine room for a huge rack. So I store some of my wine upside down in boxes. It stores very well that way. If you use synthetic corks, you can store it right side up.

I keep 5-6 bottles of each variety on the rack for ready access, and bring more out as needed. If I had a larger wine room, I would have a larger wine rack.

Back