first post, and first ever bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randomhero

Reaction score
Hi there everybody, I'm quite new to all of this but I have three gallons going right now. Just bottled a gallon of gewurtztraminer, and also have a gallon of Chardonnay and a gallon of Cayuga. I started with just gallons to see if I liked it and I just have to say I love it! Haha....here is the first five bottles I made. I don't have the real labels yet so don't mind the ones on other :)

ForumRunner_20121111_133638.jpg

It is not what is on the outside that counts, Randomhero, it is what is on the inside and it seems that you are happy with this. Great work! Although you may not realize it, you are well on your way to obsession!

Congratulations on your first batch. I just started 5 gallons of Gewurztraminer (first time I've ever made this wine) and it's fermenting along nicely. I probably won't get it bottled until next year about this time.

Ha my fiance already says I'm obsessed with it. I have a couple of 6 gallon kits on order now. A pinot noir and a cab. Can't wait to start them. The helpful thing is I live down the road from Seneca lake so I have a lot of help from people :)

Welcome Randomhero ! I started with a little kit for red wine, made 3 bottles. It didn't taste too bad. Now I have carboys all over my basement. Also just today my wife said " You spent how much at the brew store ? " LOL

Welcome to the family randomhero!!!!! I agree with Rocky. You don't know that you are obsessed yet! I started about 3 months ago and I started my 7 th 6 gallon batch this past Friday. I'm starting a 3 gallon batch of muscadine tomorrow. There are about 7 to 10 other batches that I want to start as soon as I get the room!!

Latest posts

Back