Getting Wine Bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nursejohn

Reaction score
I had to share my good fortune. Today, my wife and I went to a small winery near our home that was having a wine and cheese party. We have met and became friends with the owners before. We just jumped in and helped wash glasses, take out the trash, etc. We came home with lots of empty wine bottles!
smiley32.gif
They said that they would save the empties for us in the future. Just wanted to share this. It never hurts to ask.

COOL !

So now you can say you are going green !

Way to go.....And you are right...It never hurts to ask.....
smiley36.gif

Free bottles can significantly reduce the cost of your wine making and as bert said, it never hurts to ask...the worst that can happen is that they say no

Hello nursejohn - good deal on the bottles! It always feels good to get em for free!

I hate to say it as George does sell bottles, but other than a few cases we've picked up all our bottles from our local wine bar. Just be sure to get them before any mold starts growing in there.

Took your advice and went to a local wine shop an ask for the used empties. They said sure how many cases do you need. I brought home 5 cases. Icould have got more but the wife would have to walk home.
smiley36.gif
I plan to go back soon with a pickup.
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back