Need to make or buy labels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sburkle

Junior
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas where I can make or buy labels? Computer software? Types of label paper? Want something easy to peel off. Please help!!

Avery labels is what i use - comes with free downloadable software.

I use an inkjet printer and use a clear acrylic spray to protect the ink from water...

I used Microsoft Publisher and made my labels (3.15 x 4.72 is size of design field, allowing for plenty of room on label page, 4 per page), downloaded them to a thumb drive and took it to Office Max type store. They have a variety of precut sticky labels or you can have them printed to stock paper which you can cut and apply on your own. I opt for this method because the printing at home burns up ink cartridges and it was actually more cost effective to go to Office Max type setting.
Attaching two examples of finished labels....one is a "general" label which allows me to personalize by writing the name of the wine-indicating style of wine-and include some information about consumption, while the other is a custom label I made for a friend.

Forgot to mention for simple identification (when I don't want to use the full size wine label), I incorporated my Dragonfly Wines logo/background onto an envelope address-size label (the one about the size of a regular bandaid). Actually got them from Vistaprint.

View attachment generic blank.pdf

View attachment SkeeterPee no names.pdf

Last edited:
Avery has lots of sizes of peel off labels. They also have a pretty cool online label program. i have been using it more and more these days to make labels for wine as well as things like DVD's.

Latest posts

Back