SO2 tester

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
Opinions please, what is the best kit for determining SO2 levels in
wine. As I get more knowledgeable on vino I guess I should start
worrying about things like this. Does everyone check this or is this
for when you really start making expensive reds whether it be from
grapes or kits?

Edited by: wadewade

For my kit wines I havn't really worried, I just follow the directions (mostly, hehe). I will be starting my first non-kit wine soon (waiting on the 'nanners to ripen) and will be using Welch's juice (both canned and frozen) and wanted to try this method for finding out Free SO2 (especially because the frozen juice has sulfites in it). I can't say if this is any good or not but I ordered a set to try it out.At $2.25 a test it might be more than some might want to spend.

AV-FRSO2
http://www.accuvin.com/AccuvinProducts.html

Money is a big object here Joseph. Thats quite the pricetag! Im sure its quite the kit also though.

LMAO, Wade I thought you were really asking this after all these years but I see the post is seven years old. I suspect.....
Spam-Alert.gif

Ill let that PLUG slide but please dont go putting your link up anymore as there are lots of retailers on here that pay for advertising. Im not in the market for SO2 testing anymore but thanks.

Opinions please, what is the best kit for determining SO2 levels in
wine. As I get more knowledgeable on vino I guess I should start
worrying about things like this. Does everyone check this or is this
for when you really start making expensive reds whether it be from
grapes or kits?

Edited by: wadewade

Hey Wade did you really use to call yourself wadewade? :)

Dave the one and only tester to get is the Vinmetrica. If you go to the website there are three different ones to look at. Two of them do S02 and they are worth every penny. Fast and simple to use.

Latest posts

Back