STOVE

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
40 mile yonder & PLUM NOWHERE, N.E. ARKANSAW
my old range like me has seen better days,
so i checked stores, lumber companies, then went online,
i could not find a open pilot light stove and i did not want any elerticial for it at all.
finally i found one that used no electric, read the description and found out it used a 9v battery, for $150 more then one with electric spark,
jeeze, so i went ahead and got one with electric spark, guess i ain't been out of the cage in a few years, jeeze, they wanted $70 to install it,
my brother and i argued over that, so they bring it in, clean off packing junk, and set it beside the hole, ( I'D checked they do not convert from natural gas to LP)
MY BROTHER WAS Fit to be tied when he found out they wanted $70 just to screw the flex line from the shut off to the range, guess he figured out why i would not buy installation ,,
he wanted to know who to get to do it, I told him you see the tools on the table and gas rated teflon tape, so we screwed the flex on, then I replaced the orifices on top. then pull the oven pan, changed the oven orifice and reversed the plug in the regulator ,, he was where'd you learn that, knowing full well i built my first FHA Home to sell when i was 15. dad was a carpenter, I've picked up more brickbats and shingle tabs before i ever started to school. I got a 22KW generac, but just old fashioned i guess, i wanted just a plain gas range,,, unsafe they say, jeeze ... what a crop.
I liked the old ways, I guess when in Rome do as they do. but I ain't gotta like it.
Dawg

I live so ruarul that no permits, license, no recycle, no inspectors, unless for my dogs watching me.
I'd forgot about the world of rules and regulations, whew, you brought back memories, :h
I hope the world is treating you good, dang would i kill for some east coast pie, straight from a brick oven,
with a old cook whose arms are as big as my legs and a belly you could set a 12 course meal on, man do i miss that old world flavor....
Dawg

Haha! Can I see your license to use that wrench?
i got busy before i could finish my reply, :h
as well as going to the bottom of the west coast and eating real mexican food, not tex-mex.
as i said i love old world food. once i got invited to a rondevu, way the heck out no where, nothing for miles,
out of nothing but mescet bushes, sand and rattlers, walking from nowhere were a bunch of elderly Mexicans, there were 3 giant flat topped rocks, and 4 boulders,
wood was piled through the boulders and set afire, they cooked on the boulders and used the 3 flat top rocks for setting the cooked food on,
I've always wondered how the heck did rocks that huge get out there in the middle of nowhere, we were better than 40 miles from a so called county road,
just goat and snake trails, I so greatly miss traveling the USA, eating food from other places, fixed by people from elsewhere, oh I love our southern cooking, heck we fry everything .
even fried water (lol),,, it opened my views, but alas I'm still a country wine person, lol.... but I very much respect to each their own...
Dawg

I thought sure you were installing a good old Monarch wood cook stove. I had to leave mine in our last house. Man, that about killed me to leave it behind. No way to fit it into the new house.

I thought sure you were installing a good old Monarch wood cook stove. I had to leave mine in our last house. Man, that about killed me to leave it behind. No way to fit it into the new house.
nothing beats wood for cooking or heat,
but age and health has ruled out many a thang.
golden years my butt, more like iron pyrite .
funny just yesterday i was looking at my ole Stihl 066 magnum, 5.83 cubic inch chainsaw.
before it years ago i had a Stihl 064 mag chainsaw, that saw i loved, but i was on the east coast when it burnt in the house,
i still have my ole wood stove, but it's been in a shed for years,
Dawg

i got busy before i could finish my reply, :h
as well as going to the bottom of the west coast and eating real mexican food, not tex-mex.
as i said i love old world food. once i got invited to a rondevu, way the heck out no where, nothing for miles,
out of nothing but mescet bushes, sand and rattlers, walking from nowhere were a bunch of elderly Mexicans, there were 3 giant flat topped rocks, and 4 boulders,
wood was piled through the boulders and set afire, they cooked on the boulders and used the 3 flat top rocks for setting the cooked food on,
I've always wondered how the heck did rocks that huge get out there in the middle of nowhere, we were better than 40 miles from a so called county road,
just goat and snake trails, I so greatly miss traveling the USA, eating food from other places, fixed by people from elsewhere, oh I love our southern cooking, heck we fry everything .
even fried water (lol),,, it opened my views, but alas I'm still a country wine person, lol.... but I very much respect to each their own...
Dawg
Real Mexican food is not available on the West coast (I assume you mean Cali).
For real Mexican food, do you mean the Yucatan where the Tamales are wrapped in banana leaves, esp. Chetumal. Or Oaxaca? or Michoacan, Jalisco, Or are you talking Baja? Having lived in Mexico, there are so many varied types. So, what do you mean by Real Mexican food? BTW Those by the coast are fish, those interior and corn and wheat.

nothing beats wood for cooking or heat,
but age and health has ruled out many a thang.
golden years my butt, more like iron pyrite .
funny just yesterday i was looking at my ole Stihl 066 magnum, 5.83 cubic inch chainsaw.
before it years ago i had a Stihl 064 mag chainsaw, that saw i loved, but i was on the east coast when it burnt in the house,
i still have my ole wood stove, but it's been in a shed for years,
Dawg
My Best friend's parents kept their old wood stove up into the 70's when they finally "modernized their home. But they put that OLD Cast Ion stove in the back yard and used it until their deaths. She never liked the gas. only wood.

Real Mexican food is not available on the West coast (I assume you mean Cali).
For real Mexican food, do you mean the Yucatan where the Tamales are wrapped in banana leaves, esp. Chetumal. Or Oaxaca? or Michoacan, Jalisco, Or are you talking Baja? Having lived in Mexico, there are so many varied types. So, what do you mean by Real Mexican food? BTW Those by the coast are fish, those interior and corn and wheat.
kinda below cali,,
ole bout 100 miles south of San Diego , best i can elaborate, might of been some legal or illegalities circumstances , was many a year ago, wilder times, but was cooked by dirt poor old Mexicans, cooked right on the boulders and thrown up on the 4 feet tall rock slabs, wood had been hauled out sometime before, i was the only gringo . as they called me, regardless of my Cherokee, Comanche, and Cheyenne blood, with a small dab of English, Irish and French blood, just Gringo... I pigged out, got my cheeks pinched many, many times, and kissed by many smiling old ladies, thru Translation , I was told I was always welcome to come back, but was way to many uzis and ak's behind every mesquite bush around the perimeter, oh and cowboy too i was called. lol,
other then that, like i said real Mexican food, buttaly hot and sublimely good eating,
Dawg

kinda below cali,,
ole bout 100 miles south of San Diego , best i can elaborate, might of been some legal or illegalities circumstances , was many a year ago, wilder times, but was cooked by dirt poor old Mexicans, cooked right on the boulders and thrown up on the 4 feet tall rock slabs, wood had been hauled out sometime before, i was the only gringo . as they called me, regardless of my Cherokee, Comanche, and Cheyenne blood, with a small dab of English, Irish and French blood, just Gringo... I pigged out, got my cheeks pinched many, many times, and kissed by many smiling old ladies, thru Translation , I was told I was always welcome to come back, but was way to many uzis and ak's behind every mesquite bush around the perimeter, oh and cowboy too i was called. lol,
other then that, like i said real Mexican food, buttaly hot and sublimely good eating,
Dawg
BTW,
i eat carolina reapers every single morning, great granny was a old Cherokee lady that started me eating hot peppers when i was 4.
Dawg

Back