New Barrels for Forum Members

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my 2023 Syrah in new Hungarian oak (30gal) and although it's still early I'm liking the results so far. I thought I might be racking out of barrel by now so as to not overwhelm the wine with oak, but so far there is a nice (subtle) vanilla note developing and no overtly woody flavors...
I loaded last years Zinfandel with a full heavy dose of French oak cubes in stainless and let it age 6 months and it got really oaky so I pulled it and bottled it oak does sneak up on you when you aren’t sampling it periodically

Bumping this to the top. As a reminder, @mainshipfred will order super high quality Hungarian oak barrels for a very reasonable price if we get 10 barrels or more. Hungarian oak is much cheaper than french but many people think it is higher quality.
He is doing this as a service to the winemakingtalk community but we need more people. If you have considered an oak barrel but don't know where to start, now is the time.

Latest posts

Back