AAASTINKIE is HERE!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AAASTINKIE said:
PWP,

What goes on in TEXAS, stays in TEXAS!!

You must have had loads of fun then!
smiley4.gif

All jokes aside.........Frank and I had a great time!! Good food, good friends, great wine. Saw some of the city, experienced a bayou...with alligators andmet some nice people along the way!!

Ramona

Frank and Waldo:

All three of those wines look just awesome guys!!
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Waldo, I just racked my green apple riesling about a week ago and it is just begining to clear. Added 2lbs of sugar and 1/2 of the "F pack" to the primary and I must say it is tasting pretty good.

2006-06-05_092859_clearing3a.jpg

The red is a chianti and been bulk aging about a month in carboy. Tasting pretty good as well. The primary has a Vieux Chateau du Roi I just started this morning............looks like these carboys breed like rabbits eh?
smiley4.gif

Good to see you back Waldo, I'm under the idea the low alcohol wine
kits are not meant to be aged, I think it says in my Calypso kit the
flavor suffers over time.

Frank,

I believe you are right, not meant for aging. Guess we'll have to be sure to drink all of ours up this summer! I'm sure friends and relatives will be glad to help us out and even take bottles to enjoy at home. Our friends and family are like that, always willing to lend a helping hand.

With the green apple drinking it up is no problem. It goes away as quickly as I get it bottled
smiley36.gif

Other pressing matters kept this batch in the carboy longer than usual but it's almost gone now. I just ordered another kit fropm George.

rgecaprock said:
Waldo,

Welcome back! Good to see you! Ramona

Thanks Ramona....Loks like the fishing trip went really well. I think that scene with the barn would make a good label

rgecaprock said:
All jokes aside.........Frank and I had a great time!! Good food, good friends, great wine. Saw some of the city, experienced a bayou...with alligators andmet some nice people along the way!!

Ramona

Ramona - are you trying to scare them. You didn't actually SEE an alligator - only my alligator traps!!!
smiley36.gif
I don't know what Dwight told ya - but don't let his stories scare ya.(He's not really a local - ya know?!?!)The bayou isn't that bad!! Glad I was able to meet both of you!

AAASTINKIE said:
I just got back from my annual fishing trip to Cape Cod (Falmouth) with my brothers, we didn't catch any fish today, but I had a good time with my family.
The tide was late (actually we were early) so we went to Martha's Vineard to get breakfast, I was looking for my pay Jimmy Buffet, but he slept in...lol

Ran into Buffet for ya - he was in Cincinnati on June 8th!
smiley2.gif
Outstanding show! Horrible flights (both ways)!!!
smiley7.gif

My camera threw a fit on me but I finally got it going, I bottled the
Calypso Bianco and the Zinfandel today, the Zinfandel was a blush but
500ml. wine conditioner made it into a White Zinfandel, can't seem to
keep enough of that in stock..lol

Here's the Caylipso left, Zinfandel right.

2006-06-11_153701_calypso_bianca_005.jpg

Those wines are looking awesome!! I just love the color and clarity of both. Bravo Sir Stinkie.
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif
smiley32.gif

Back