WineXpert Amarone wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
I forgot to add my Bentonite to the water before mixing in all the water and juice. Should I just forget adding it or should I remove 8 cups of juice and warm up and mix in the Bentonite and then add back to the bucket?

I’ve not added the yeast yet.

Thanks

I forgot to add my Bentonite to the water before mixing in all the water and juice. Should I just forget adding it or should I remove 8 cups of juice and warm up and mix in the Bentonite and then add back to the bucket?

I’ve not added the yeast yet.

Thanks

If it was me I would skip it completely. Bentonite will produce a lot of light, fluffy lees. I’m guessing you will lose some wine at the next racking. Kits include fining agents so they clear fast, which is what the kit vendors want.

If it’s a 1 or 3 gallon kit, I would use the juice. If it’s 5g, I would mix up with water. It’s essential to make sure it’s well dissolved.

If it was me I would skip it completely. Bentonite will produce a lot of light, fluffy lees. I’m guessing you will lose some wine at the next racking. Kits include fining agents so they clear fast, which is what the kit vendors want.

If it’s a 1 or 3 gallon kit, I would use the juice. If it’s 5g, I would mix up with water. It’s essential to make sure it’s well dissolved.
Thank you. I decided to skip it. It will be bulk aging for a year so no rush trying to clear fast.

Back