Another Nomacorc question

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBP

Supporting Member
Reaction score
With my LHBS closed, I turned to Amazon to buy Nomacorcs as the shipping costs for quantities <1000 from other sources were pretty high. I ordered Nomacorc Classic Green Corks, 22.5 x 43mm (1 3/4"). In the past, I have used the shorter ones (1 1/2" long) with the grapevine imprint. What I received was an unlabeled plastic bag (sealed) with plain - synthetic - corks, 1 3/4" long, with no imprint or other branding.

Not sure if I received a knock-off and should return, or if these are standard? In reading through the (many) posts on nomacorcs here, it seems the Classic Greens are the old Select 900's, which supposedly only come in the shorter(1 1/2") length. Any advice?

With my LHBS closed, I turned to Amazon to buy Nomacorcs as the shipping costs for quantities <1000 from other sources were pretty high. I ordered Nomacorc Classic Green Corks, 22.5 x 43mm (1 3/4"). In the past, I have used the shorter ones (1 1/2" long) with the grapevine imprint. What I received was an unlabeled plastic bag (sealed) with plain - synthetic - corks, 1 3/4" long, with no imprint or other branding.

Not sure if I received a knock-off and should return, or if these are standard? In reading through the (many) posts on nomacorcs here, it seems the Classic Greens are the old Select 900's, which supposedly only come in the shorter(1 1/2") length. Any advice?
Here is where I buy my Nomacorc's. Their price is the best I have fond for 1000's bags and they are #9 by1 3/4" long.

https://carolinawinesupply.com/products/nomacorc-select-900-bag-of-1000?_pos=1&_psq=no&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Latest posts

Back