Bottles in Minneapolis area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Norges Skaal!
Reaction score
I've been looking around and find that most people in this area want $1 a bottle for used wine bottles.

Anyone know where to get a few cases cheap (or free)?

I just found a nice stash off of a VA wine site. If not for that I was going to the Virginia Wine expo next weekend. They throw them away by the truckload.
I would look for an event at a local vineyard and offer to haul them away, perhaps even provide some trash containers for Recycling the bottles.

For the last 10 weeks I have gotten over 700 750ml bottles mostly from restaurants, and another 77 1.5l. I probably got about 8 cases from a wine store from their tastings. And maybe a dozen or two cases from a higher end Italian Restaurant. Almost all of their bottles could be recorked. And another family Italian restaurant has been the motherload though they had some screw tops i had to pitch. I've got 4-6 cases of usable botles a week from them. The guy even brought his bottles from a second restaurant that he has. At least 30 cases from that place.

I think local places are probably better. I tried Olive Garden a few times, but some managers would not find any bottles while another gave me a case. Plus a lot of the bottles are screw tops. I gave up on them after a few trips.

Only problem was i got so many bottles I could not keep up with the cleaning.

Network network and network.

I'm one of those trying to sell clean bottles on Craigslist for $1 a bottle.
http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/for/3558036189.html

I have a couple of extra cases and, I have taken the time to clean and de-labeled. It does take time and effort to get them sparkling clean them and remove their labels. I think that $1 a bottle is more than fair. Of course you can get used ones and clean them and de-label them yourself.

I would consider some sort of trade a for a couple of cases of clean and de-labeled bottles.

Perhaps a bottle of French Chablis or Cab?

Latest posts

Back