Bottling Crate

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just discovered a real time saver. This is a plastic crate that garden center's are using now to move their plants around. It will easily hold thirty bottles. When it comes time to bottle, I can fill all thirty bottles first, then I cork them all and transfer them over to a secone one. The other cool thing about it is I can apply all of the shrink capsules on the bottles without handling them a bunch of times while they are in the crate. Before this I was using a plastic milk crate and could only do about a dozen or so at a time. I tried to post a picture but the site said I was denied access. Story of my life, now what did do..LOL. I will try to post later.

Park your photos at a place like Photobucket then copy and paste the the url in the upper right box in the image box.

20091031_131553_Wine_Basket.JPG

Hey I got it this time. As you can see this crate makes it easy for putting capsules on also. I already removed a few bottles from here.

I use a heat gun. Very simple and fast. I just start at the top of the cap and direct the heat down the capsule a I go. This way you're not trapping any air in it creating winkles.

Back