Brewing in Milwaukee

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Liteweight

Junior
Reaction score
So I've been perusing this site for a couple of months now and because of that I built up the courage to try Strawberry wine from scratch! It's in the second rack and looking beautiful! I used a morph of the recipes I found on this forum and others. Just hope I don't screw it up by messing with it too much.

My first wine was a 3 gl Elderberry from a Vintners Reserve can. Wow, did that come out good! Then I tried a Green Apple Riesling kit for Summer drinking. Ok, the real reason was that I thought my husband wouldn't like it so that maybe I would actually get some! It came out nice, a little light, but great for a hot day.

I just bottled a cheapy Cabernet from Amazon for the practice and for an alternative to 2 buck chuck. Now I have a pricier kit working that I hope will pick up better during fermenting since I moved it from the basement. Got a little cold down there this weekend and fell to 60 so I hope the yeast will recover. It's starting to sound fizzy anyway.

Thanks for all of the helpful advice. I know my batches so far have been much better because of all of your knowledge.

Welcome to the forum and never be afraid to experiment and ask questions

Back