Cellar Craft CC KR LR Grand Red

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I racked this Saturday day7 SG1.006. Five days later its still bubbling and only down to 1.000. I know bubbling is not an indicaion of fermentation so I guess its time to take more frequent SG. Perhaps its degasing itself. My fermentations usually only take 7 to 10 days.

Tony, I racked both of my Grand Reds on wed! both were at 1.004, (one1.006). That was after 9 days. Now 2 days later still fermenting in secondary. Mine is also a little slow but a good fermentation, temp started at 75* & went down to 72* as fermentation slowed down. Still have 22 bottles of last years kit, it's my favorite!! Roy

Thanks for the updates, keep them coming. I will start my kit in a few weeks.

I may have to bump this one up in front of some others. This sounds really good

Sent from my iPhone using Wine Making

I may have to bump this one up in front of some others. This sounds really good

It is a definite powerhouse. I did last year's and am kind of wishing I did it this year as well. Still have 21 bottles though. If they do it again in 2015, I'm all over it.

In other words, do it as soon as you can. ;)

Because I put the date on my labels when I order them, I'm kind of stuck doing them in the order that I have labels set up for. Grog tag had a huge sale a little while back and I went ahead and ordered labels for the next six kits. Unfortunately I didn't have the grand red at the time.

All I need is more carboys. More carboys solves lots of problems!

Back