Grapes for sale in south central PA

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We have a 7-acre vineyard south of McConnellsburg, PA and cater to small wineries and home winemakers. Our varieties include Aromella, Arandell, Noiret, Marquette, Vidal Blanc, Cayuga White, Stueben, Niagara and Melody. It is harvest time for most all of them. Contact me with any interest.

We have a 7-acre vineyard south of McConnellsburg, PA and cater to small wineries and home winemakers. Our varieties include Aromella, Arandell, Noiret, Marquette, Vidal Blanc, Cayuga White, Stueben, Niagara and Melody. It is harvest time for most all of them. Contact me with any interest.
I am a novice at wine making. I have three grape vines in my backyard garden that I planted four years ago. Last year they produced a nice bunch of grapes so my granddaughter and I decided to make some wine. We picked about 60# of delicious purple grapes and followed a recipe from a book, “Wine Making Made Easy”.
Everything went fine and for “first time winemakers” we were quite proud to have produced a good wine.
So much for that. This year the grapes 🍇 showed good promise and were plentiful and getting sweeter each day. Then “Debbie” happened! Four to five days of rain and ALL of my grapes DISAPPEARED. I was flabbergasted! Who would have thought this would have happen?
So it looks like, if we want to make more wine this year, I will have to buy some grapes.
How much will 60# of purple grapes, at their peak, cost me, and can they be shipped or must I pick them up?
I have no clue as to the variety of the grapes except that I want to make a red wine. Like I said, I am a novice at this and as long as it is a red wine and it tastes good I will be happy. Look forward to your response.

A Midwest point of view;
? what are your neighbors? I am in a wine club and 1) have had grapes for the labor of picking them 2) have seen a club email and picked a then paid $1/ pound. 3) This year I am out of state and gave away my peach crop to a young couple in the vinters club.

? how bold are you? I have gone walking the grandkids in the neighborhood, seen cherries on a tree for two weeks, seen apples on three trees for a month, ,, decided to go back and knock and again could have them for the price of picking them.
? local Craig’s list or Market place? again free

I observe that lots of city folks plant things without planning for a large mature crop ,,, or the get old and can’t.

Back