Harvesting grapes on a rainy day?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, yesterday I harvested 1/2 of our Frontenac (average Brix was 25++ 3 days ago and many berries are turning into raisins already). My husband destemmed them; I placed the bag into freezer, and we were planning to finish harvesting the rest of the berries this evening. But it is raining! We got scattered thunderstorms. The forecast for today was "Zero chances of rain" so we went fishing in the morning instead of picking the grapes. Tomorrow there may be scattered pm thunderstorms again and I will be at work till 4 pm. Do I understand correctly that we shouldn't harvest grapes on a rainy day? Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts!
IMG_3101.jpgIMG_3103.jpg

Hello, yesterday I harvested 1/2 of our Frontenac (average Brix was 25++ 3 days ago and many berries are turning into raisins already). My husband destemmed them; I placed the bag into freezer, and we were planning to finish harvesting the rest of the berries this evening. But it is raining! We got scattered thunderstorms. The forecast for today was "Zero chances of rain" so we went fishing in the morning instead of picking the grapes. Tomorrow there may be scattered pm thunderstorms again and I will be at work till 4 pm. Do I understand correctly that we shouldn't harvest grapes on a rainy day? Thank you in advance for sharing your thoughts!
View attachment 115496View attachment 115497
dry them out indoors. You can use a hair dryer or blow them dry with a fan

Last edited:
Back