Hello from Kansas

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wpr100

Junior
Reaction score
Hi all! Very new to home wine making. My real hobby is woodworking (and fixing stuff on the farm), but a classmate bought me basically everything I needed to get started with wine, so here I am. I'm approaching this very cautiously. I found this forum out of desperation. Having possibly messed up my 2nd batch of wine I need help making a go of this. Thanks!

welcome to WMT

humm, ,, well there are quite a few things a wine maker can make for the winery, ,, in the old days even a screw press would be made out of wood.

In wine making taste is everything. What kind of taste were you producing? The good thing out of wine making is that a food under pH 4 with 11% alcohol isn’t a risk for food poisoning. Sample and spit if it tastes bad.
(edit- I see you did a Malbec kit, reds have good shelf life/ a good place to start)

Last edited:
Where you at in Kansas. Daughter lives there and we spend a lot of time in Glen Elder. Actually spend more time there than at home during fishing season. LOL, Arne.

Where you at in Kansas. Daughter lives there and we spend a lot of time in Glen Elder. Actually spend more time there than at home during fishing season. LOL, Arne.
NE edge of KS. Not too far west of Ft Leavenworth. I think Glen Elder, or should I say Waconda Lake, is about 3.5 hours west of us.

Yep, you are a ways away. If you are ever out this way give a shout. Will do the same if I get that way, but just do not get over there for some reason. Arne.

Back