Hello from the Cincinnati Area

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFW

Junior
Reaction score
My name is Alan and I have been making different kit wines since 2006. I am newly retired and am interested in making wine from grapes and learning more. Just starting to looking into finding places that I can source 100 lbs of wine grapes. Anyone have places they source wine grapes in the Cindy area?

Welcome Alan,
I am from the Cincy area and have purchased grapes from Collinwood grapes in Cleveland a couple of times. I also purchased from Label Peelers once. I have looked for a local supplier but haven't had any luck. I was happy with both suppliers. Long drive but what the heck your retired, right.?

I’ve tried to use Collinwood but they are difficult to work with.

Have you looked into your local food terminal?

If your just getting started, you might want to try kits or juice buckets first. They don’t require expensive equipment to distempered or crush the grapes.

My name is Alan and I have been making different kit wines since 2006. I am newly retired and am interested in making wine from grapes and learning more. Just starting to looking into finding places that I can source 100 lbs of wine grapes. Anyone have places they source wine grapes in the Cindy area?
Alan, here is a source that I use in Columbus. Joe is a very nice guy and very helpful. He has grapes in season and juices. He also carries a line of supplies that you may need.

https://www.mercurioproduce.com/

I know you are closer to Cincinnati and Dayton so you might try produce companies in those cities.

Not too far away in Louisville, KY. Our local shop does a bulk order with Walker's in the fall.

Thanks for the Welcome! and thanks for your suggestions on obtaining wine grapes I will contact them and see how it goes. Cleveland maybe a bit too far. I do use Label peelers for some items and Listermans for juice. Louisville is where I grew up still have family I visit there so that could be an option.

Agin thanks for the welcome.

Alan

Not too far away in Louisville, KY. Our local shop does a bulk order with Walker's in the fall.
I stopped by Winemakers and Beermakers supply of Westport road today. Spoke with a lady there and asked a lot of questions.

If you have entered any wine at the fair good luck.

AFW

Back