Hey there. How ya'll are?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to WMT. Enjoy the forum. Any winemaking experience you want to share?

I made a few batches of blackberry wine back In 1997 and lost my recipe for it. So was hoping for some tips.
Not sure if you'll find one, but have you tried the Recipes Section of the forum?

I made a few batches of blackberry wine back In 1997 and lost my recipe for it. So was hoping for some tips.
My first Blackberry wine was fruit, fresh lemon juice, sugar, just enough water to cover -plus some, in a pickle jar. Covered with Cheese cloth and I agitated it a couple times a day to prevent spoilage. No yeast, just wild fermentation. !
Eventually I strained and airlocked it. It kept as long as I could resist drinking it.! I learned a lot from that simple process. Now I use many other ingredients to promote and control fermentation process and flavors.. but the basics of: fruit, acids ( ph) , sugars , yeast, and oxygenation or control of oxygen apply to all the wines I have made since then.
Good luck, have fun! You will learn from each batch- and there is a wealth of knowledge here!
*My banner year was 2022 with 75+ gallons of assorted country wines. I’m down with only 23 gallons so far in 2024. I have 7 gals “ perking”right now. :)

Back