Humble beginnings

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boatboy24

No longer a newbie, but still clueless.
Reaction score
Got my triple berry foiled and labeled tonight. I used Avery labels and the Avery template for them within Microsoft Word. But there was some blank space on either the top or bottom of many of the labels. Not sure what was causing it, as it looked fine on screen. Definitely need to work on the labels, but these will do just fine for my first batch.

image-3732325222.jpg

Which Avery Label is that?

I looked up one that another thread mentioned and it looked small. I like this one a lot.

I get those white areas too. I used both Publisher and the online Avery label maker, still get those spaces. I dont know how to "resize" the label measurement in properties to get rid of this. if anyone has answers, please help.
Thanks!
:c

Thanks for the kind comments, everyone.

Roadpup: those are the 8164 labels. 4" x 3.33"

Jim

Boatboy! How does it taste?! What recipe did you use? ...

I used your Easy Peasy recipe - cut in half (roughly) for 3 gallons. Instead of 3lbs of frozen berry blend, I used 10 oz each of blueberries, raspberries and blackberries. The half recipe would have called for 1 bottle of RealLemon. I used 3/4 of the bottle for a slightly reduced acidity.

It's good. Right now, very lemony/acidic up front. That goes away quickly and finishes with berries and sweetness. I'm looking forward to trying it again at the two week mark to see if it integrates at all (that'll be next weekend). I think I'll start another batch soon. This one probably won't last the summer, as I like it, and I have several people interested in it. So I'm sure I'll be giving at least a few bottles away.

Glad to hear it turned out good. Make more, you will soon run out. After consultation with my wife (my source of inspiration!), I changed the name and label for my triple-berry-lemon...in the "less-is-more" catagory.

REDDRAGON.jpg

Back