Label critique for 2pups

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roblloyd

Reaction score
Here's a label design for 2pups' Blackberry Merlot. Let the critiquing begin!

Blackberry-Merlot.jpg

Not so sure I like the white in the top, Id probably keep it all Black with the purple letters myself or keep the blue letters.

I like the label , but like wade said something with the white area needs changing . Oh almost forgot , thanks a million for doing this rob .

Jeff

How bout this , with alot of help from rob.

Blackberry-Merlot.jpg

Label looks nice. I agree about the white area but now your purple letters are getting lost. I wonder if you'd be better with white letters? Final comment is why would you put blue berries on the bottom of your Blackberry label. Is this a blend? If not, I would lose them.

You could have Blackberry Merlot on the bottom and make your Blackberry picture larger. Use white lettering.

Last edited:
Maybe the black should be the purple and vice versa. When printed the letters may get hidden more but it looks better then the white.

did you crop both fruit pictures? cause i was always a fan of half triangles making a square on a label...

Version 2. Any better? I think it looks better on my screen from a distance - so might be better on a bottle?

Blackberry-Merlot2.jpg

Photoshop. I haven't tried Avery more than 10 minutes yet before going back to photoshop.

Since I'm doing this for fun for 2pups maybe it should be a contest?

Version 2. Any better? I think it looks better on my screen from a distance - so might be better on a bottle?

Rob, Can you lighten the background purple on version 2 a few shades without making it turn pink? It might make the lettering stand out a little more.

I like the black background , can you just lighten the words "blackberry merlot" against the black background until they "pop".

Version 4. I also did the same one with "Wine Cellar" a little smaller. Looks better but I don't want to clog up the forum with almost identical images.

Well Jeff? Any of these to your liking or do you want me to start from scratch?
I won't be hurt if you don't like them, honest!

Blackberry-MerlotV4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back