label wording

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

appleweld

Reaction score
im making a label for a friend of mine. both of us are new to wine, so here goes stupid question of the day. his wine is a semi sweet pear. to us this sounds kinda generic. is there another wine term for semi sweet?

None I can think of. Most I have ever seen on a commercial scale just say Semi-Sweet on them.

Here's a related "glass half-empty/half-full" question:

How do you distinguish a Semi-sweet from Semi-dry? Is "semi-sweet" on the "sweeter" end of the spectrum and "semi-dry" is on the "drier" end?

The folks I have asked have all, pretty much, shrugged.

Bart

appleweld said:
im making a label for a friend of mine. both of us are new to wine, so here goes stupid question of the day. his wine is a semi sweet pear. to us this sounds kinda generic. is there another wine term for semi sweet?
On all my fruit wines I just state whats inside not the sweetness level. Most would assume that fruit wines will be sweeter then other wines.

Hey it is your wine! Put what ever you want!!!
smiley4.gif

How about "Just Right Sweetness" or WOW it's Good!!!
smiley36.gif

well bart reeder, youve brought up a good question. ive always wondered why we drive on parkways, and park on driveways!

Back