Pics of my 1st Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fly*guy

Reaction score
Here's a few pics from my 1st kits I made with the help and knowledge from some of you....
smiley32.gif
smiley4.gif

20090222_170217_raspMerlot_Disp.JPG

Raspberry Merlot - Bottled 2-5-2009

20090222_170634_raspMerlot_Disp.JPG
Same Wine - Different Look

20090222_173125_StrawberryZin_D.JPG

Strawberry White Zin - Bottled 2-19-2009

20090222_173816_StrawberryZin_D.JPG

Strawberry White Zin w/Zork Cork Bottled 2/19/2009
Easy to apply... we'll see how the are for aging
smiley4.gif

Thanx again everyone,

W Smith
in Amish Country, Pa

.... also batches in the works..... Peach really starting to look goooood!
smiley17.gif

20090222_171557_Grape_Peach_Con.JPG

Welch's White Grape/Peach Concentrate (3 gal) started 2/8/2009
Transfered to glass 2/12/2009

20090222_172210_Banana_2-19-09.JPG

You are on your way to a great "hobby" !

nice labels.
smiley20.gif

Why did you use zork corks. Pricy?

Just wanted to see how and IF they work - curious - wanna try a bit of everything I guess. got 36 of them for about $12 so works out to about 2 times the cost of corks. I haven't bought more then 100 corks at a time yet. Don't really want them sitting around waiting to be used, note sure how long they keep.
Wonder if the Zorks are to be keep on there side like corks or upright...? anyone know the answer to that one?
smiley25.gif

As far as labels go... those were the freebies, have a label making program now... Will get Creative with the peach and Banana wines. Made one for the Banana this morning.
My daughter loves Bananas and she loves her cat,(she and the cat are the same age, 22 believe it or not), So I'm Planning on memorializing the cat on the label for her. Another way for her to hold on to it for just a bit longer. Cats not doing real well and my daughter travels 175 Miles, one way, every other weekend from college just to see her cat.
smiley19.gif

Make yourself a cork humidor, You take a sealable bucket and a bottle of sanitizer solution open, put the bottle in the bucket, pour all your corks around the bottle and seal it up tight. I have a 6 gallon bucket that came with a MM all juice and a 1 gallon carboy and I can fit about 1,000 corks in there, probably more but I havent bought more then that.

How long can you keep them in there?
Just leave the bottle of K-met open in the bucket? how long does that last before you need to change out the K-met?

Wade

1,000 corks! Are you starting your own Winery? LOL !
smiley36.gif

Fly*guy said:
How long can you keep them in there?
Just leave the bottle of K-met open in the bucket? how long does that last before you need to change out the K-meta

I find that it lasts about a month! If it still knocks your breath away, it is still OK!!

I have had mine ( quart fruit jar with saran wrap over top with holes punched in it ) in my humidor for over 3 months now and it sti takes your breath away when you on th bucet. I did make it stout though

I use a 1 gallon Ice cream bucket with a 1 pound coffee can (plastic) with holes punched in it's lid. I can't fit 1000 corks in that, but I can fit well over the standard pack of 30.

Then again, I just bought 2 x 100 corks, so I may have to move up to a 2 gallon paint bucket for humidor. Space is at a premium in my house (ROFL - that's an understatement!) so... using a 6 gallon bucket for me would be overkill.

Back