Post a photo, any photo

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have a name for that process that I can Google? I’d love to do something similar.
I use Stone Coat Countertops Epoxy. I've made close to a dozen epoxy countertops this way over MDF. They have a ton of instructional videos on YouTube. This is a link to a similar technique that I used-

Take some time to look at all the ways you can use epoxy to mimic natural stone or do a "dirty pour" like I did using any color combination you want.
Its not hard to do, just follow their instructions.

Using grape vines as a landscape feature… I like it.

The entrance into my outdoor cellar is in a 7’tall rock wall below my deck. I was thinking of planting a vine on each side of the door and letting it cover the rock wall. Another one (or two) to climb the deck support post and spread along the deck cables.
image.jpg
The deck is going to be rebuilt next summer and the house re-sided. I was thinking of using cables instead of spindles in the railing.

The addition is definitely taking longer than planned… I’m noticing my speed and endurance at nearly 60 is not what it was when I built the house at 30!

Using grape vines as a landscape feature… I like it.

The entrance into my outdoor cellar is in a 7’tall rock wall below my deck. I was thinking of planting a vine on each side of the door and letting it cover the rock wall. Another one (or two) to climb the deck support post and spread along the deck cables.
View attachment 113361
The deck is going to be rebuilt next summer and the house re-sided. I was thinking of using cables instead of spindles in the railing.

The addition is definitely taking longer than planned… I’m noticing my speed and endurance at nearly 60 is not what it was when I built the house at 30!
I'm right there with you (nearly 60), I've got the lingering misc things to complete from our addition. I can't believe how long it's taking. I don't know how I did so much at 30...

My time to completion of projects seems to be expanding at an exponential rate ; )

I've got lots of "arbor" style grapes, I love them but needing a ladder for trimming, etc is a negative.

… I’m noticing my speed and endurance at nearly 60 is not what it was when I built the house at 30!
just give yourself another ten or twenty, …. my grandpa used to say he does the same things as he used to do, ,,, it just hurts more the next day,

Last edited:
Getting ready to make some bales. When you get windrows this close together that are 3 feet high, you are really making hay! We're delayed presently because a new baler belt installed by a pro mechanic yesterday was put on backwards. :rolleyes:

View attachment 113389

View attachment 113390
How can you put a belt on backwards? You mean inside out?

We laid my FIL to rest today. Leavenworth National Cemetery with full military honors. My first time experiencing/viewing this type of interment service. Very touching and humbling to see in person.

View attachment 113392

@ibglowin : Imagine doing this 2 to 4 times a day for 30 days. I served on burial detail at Lowry AFB, CO in the late 60s. Humbling . . . . and jerks on the heart strings.

@ibglowin : Imagine doing this 2 to 4 times a day for 30 days. I served on burial detail at Lowry AFB, CO in the late 60s. Humbling . . . . and jerks on the heart strings.
The honor guard were incredible. 2 young men that looked to be maybe 20. When folding the flag 3/4 through one called to the other "refold". And they stopped and unfolded the flag in reverse step by step and they began again checking the fold and the seams with each step until the flag was a perfect tight triangle with the end tucked in neatly. When the flag was presented on bended knee to my MIL and my FIL was thanked for his service to his Country there was not a dry eye in the place including mine.

Back