Post your labels here

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A few weeks ago my son and his girlfriend helped me bottle last year's Metheglin. This was a brand new experience for her and she had fun!

This one started as a Metheglin (Mead with spice [cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves]), but I got the idea to backsweeten undiluted frozen apple juice concentrate. Technically it's a Cyser, so I named it Metheglin/Cyser. After I printed the labels I realized that "Apple Metheglin" makes more sense, but oh, well.

2023-metheglin-tinified.png

Last edited:
2023-zinfandel-tinified.png

I participated in the beta program for the FWK Ultima line, recently bottling the Zinfandel.

Finding a background for the label can be difficult, due to my format -- winery name and tagline at the top center, logo, start/bottling dates, and ABV at the bottom. The trick is finding a background on which the lettering displays well. I found this photo, which looks great ... except the original sky was too short and it was too bright -- from experience it would look garish on the printed label.

The TL/DR version is I munged a separate sky with the photo.

The long version? I carefully erased all the sky from the photo using Paint.NET. Some of the tree tops were weirdly shaped and colored, so I cut/pasted tree tops over them, and on the size of my labels, it looks fine. The sky was a bit to bright so I faded it (using Paint.NET) and layered the photo on top of it, and saved as a PNG. Note: I'm not an artist or graphic designer; rather, I'm a "mess with it until it works or I get too frustrated" sort of person. 🤣

View attachment 116133

I participated in the beta program for the FWK Ultima line, recently bottling the Zinfandel.

Finding a background for the label can be difficult, due to my format -- winery name and tagline at the top center, logo, start/bottling dates, and ABV at the bottom. The trick is finding a background on which the lettering displays well. I found this photo, which looks great ... except the original sky was too short and it was too bright -- from experience it would look garish on the printed label.

The TL/DR version is I munged a separate sky with the photo.

The long version? I carefully erased all the sky from the photo using Paint.NET. Some of the tree tops were weirdly shaped and colored, so I cut/pasted tree tops over them, and on the size of my labels, it looks fine. The sky was a bit to bright so I faded it (using Paint.NET) and layered the photo on top of it, and saved as a PNG. Note: I'm not an artist or graphic designer; rather, I'm a "mess with it until it works or I get too frustrated" sort of person. 🤣
And here I thought that was your place!

And freebie wine kits? Good
On you!

Back