Shelf Life of Super Kleer

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agdodge4x4

Reaction score
I specifcally bought sparkolloid for clearing my wine, which seems to be taking longer than 2 weeks to clear. I bought it because I read somewhere that the shelf life of super kleer is pretty short. Is this true?

There is no expiration date on SuperKleer. I have had some in the fridge for over 1 year and no problems

BTW,
Once adding any clearing agent its best to wait 3-4 weeks so you have a "firm" sediment on the bottom before racking.

Sure do. I usually get a dozen at a time. Also get Isinglass it also works but not as good as superkleer time wise

Sure do. I usually get a dozen at a time. Also get Isinglass it also works but not as good as superkleer time wise

I have the bulk supply of super kleer - unopened and sitting on the shelf. Should i refrigerate now - or wait until i open the bottles up?

Either way..for now fridge when open. Now thats just me

I have had SuperKleer for over a year in the fridge and also in the cellar at 56F to 80F and no problem. :b

Back