Sulfite Calculator

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teamsterjohn

Reaction score
I want to start getting into testing my wine for sulfite. On the sulfite calculator in the winemaker it shows, Desired molecular CO2 0.8mg/L that is already filled in, Why? and second, it also says, what is the desired level of SO2, what do I put there, Thanks John, im sure that after awhile, ill start to understand all of this.

I don't know about the calulator that you are using, but since 30ppm is good at bottling time, maybe you should us 30 as the desired level. But remember that the pH is a determining factor. Some one else will come on to help. :b

0.8mg/L is the standard dose rate for sulfite. You need to know what the pH of your wine is as Sulfite levels are directly tied to pH of the wine. You can find a chart for proper sulfite level vs pH in books and online. If you don't know the level you want just enter a value and the calculator will tell you the correct dose rate for your pH. The main things you need to know are your pH and your volume of wine to adjust.

Back