Tasting my first wine

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devnull

Junior
Reaction score
I made a raspberry wine with berries from our garden, and though it's not been aging super long we had a little excess that didn't fit into the carboy for bulk aging. I put it in a bottle and let it hang out in the fridge over night. It had fermented to completely dry, and I like it that way but for my wife's preferences I did back sweeten it just a bit up to about 1.010

Being that we were drinking so soon I didn't bother with sorbate or anything. I did a simple syrup yesterday and drank today. It's still fairly sharp in flavor but the sweetening and cold temperature helped. I'm really excited to see what it will be like around Christmas!

I haven't posted a ton on the forum but I have been reading and lurking a lot, and just wanted to raise a glass in thanks for the help.

Attachments

• PXL_20240702_035734956.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20240702_035734956.PORTRAIT.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Btw the wine clarified nicely, it looks every bit as clear as something from the store. The picture looks less clear because it was so cold from the fridge when I shot it that it had condensation on it!

Latest posts

Back