WALDO NEES HELP

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waldo

Reaction score
Not wine related but has me pulling my hair
I have 2 printers set up on my home network. One ( Brother HL 5370DW )is connected directly to router with Ethernet cable and the other one ( Brother HL4070-CDW ) is set up wireless. They have both been printng flawlessly. Have not printed anything since Monday but when I tried this evening I cannot get anything to print on either printer. Both show as being ready in Control Panel nd os print bein sentto prinner but then in que it show printer error.
Any ideas, hint tips !!!!!!!
smiley7.gif
I avee tried turning printers on/off, unplugged Ethernet cable/rebooted 2Wire Router/Rebooted computer....Nothing seems to work

Are you trying to print from just one computer or is this problem with multiple computers also? If multiple computers its a network problem for sure, if all on one computer you may have lost a DLL file and the easiest way to solve this problem would be to uninstall and reinstall the printing software CD that came with the printers.

Make sure the printers are not set to "work offline" on the workstation and also make sure the print spooler service is started. You may need to stop and start the print spooler to make sure is still working.

Also, if you know the IP address of the printer, you can try to open that IP address on your browser. You should always be able to get the web page on the printers. I also have a Brother 4040CDN.

Thanks, Gave up about 10pm and going to try and reinstall them this evening

when all else fails, reinstall. Hope it works out for you Waldo.........

When everything else fails I have a hammer you can use
smiley24.gif

Well. I did a new intall and that did not work so I did a system restore and used a date where I knew the printers were working and that got them going again......Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

WALDO I HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM WHEN I HAD BOTH PRINTERS CONNECTED TO THE SAME COMPUTEr
i have a wireless network here-- i installed one of the printer on to one of the other computers and it works--we still both can share both printers--i really dont know what i did that was so diferent but it worked

Glad you got them going there buddy! Glad you said this as Ive spent all day yesterday installing a new hard drive in my daughters laptop and all of the other stuff like XP and all the service packs, Word, printer and you just reminded me to create a Restore point right now!

Back