What's for Dinner?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We celebrated joint anniversaries the other night with our BFF's. We dined out in Santa fe at Geronimo's which is always the #1 restaurant in Santa fe out of ~300. Its been named one of the Top 10 best restaurants in the US as well. Both the service and dinner were top notch. We don't go out very often and this was definitely a special occasion. If your ever in the area this is a must culinary experience.

1719754375125.png

1719754406465.png

1719754433569.png

1719754488108.png

1719754576773.png

1719754648460.png

IMG_1216.jpeg

Last edited:
76167d58118304eafb87a885eba4ae2a.gif

Up (not bright) but early today! Maiden voyage for a new BBQ toy. Snagged an Inkbird controller off Amazon at a crazy sale price. My BBQ Guru controller is still working fine but they no loner make it anymore (my model anyway) and was worried about what if it died so here we go! First off the Guru was AA battery operated and no app so although it controlled temp precisely you had to go check on it yourself each time. The Inkbird has a USB C port and can run off a battery pack or AC plus it comes with a WIFI/BT capability. It has ports for the grill temp and 3 ports for meat probes all in a single device. So far so good. Hopefully the build quality will last. Seems a little more lightweight compared to the Guru.

IMG_1249.jpegIMG_1253.jpegIMG_1255.jpegIMG_1258.jpeg

Last edited:
View attachment 113792

Up (not bright) but early today! Maiden voyage for a new BBQ toy. Snagged an Inkbird controller off Amazon at a crazy sale price. My BBQ Guru controller is still working fine but they no loner make it anymore (my model anyway) and was worried about what if it died so here we go! First off the Guru was AA battery operated and no app so although it controlled temp precisely you had to go check on it yourself each time. The Inkbird has a USB C port and can run off a battery pack or AC plus it comes with a WIFI/BT capability. It has ports for the grill temp and 3 ports for meat probes all in a single device. So far so good. Hopefully the build quality will last. Seems a little more lightweight compared to the Guru.

View attachment 113779View attachment 113782View attachment 113781View attachment 113783
I snagged the same deal. Description and reviews say it fits 18" WSM. This would make the long smokes so much easier. Have not received it yet.

We celebrated joint anniversaries the other night with our BFF's. We dined out in Santa fe at Geronimo's which is always the #1 restaurant in Santa fe out of ~300. Its been named one of the Top 10 best restaurants in the US as well. Both the service and dinner were top notch. We don't go out very often and this was definitely a special occasion. If your ever in the area this is a must culinary experience.

View attachment 113666

View attachment 113667

View attachment 113668

View attachment 113669

View attachment 113670

View attachment 113671

View attachment 113672

Looks like a beautiful celebration. It was very thoughtful of you to bring your daughter along for the evening. ;)

I snagged the same deal. Description and reviews say it fits 18" WSM. This would make the long smokes so much easier. Have not received it yet.
You will love it. It comes with two adapters and a couple of spacers (if needed) to get the adapter to seat securely. I loved the AC and not having to worry about the battery running down on a long cook. One thing is that there is a toggle on the app to turn the fan "on". If you don't hit that toggle no fan. Seems like the fan shouldn't need a toggle but OK. The app has a nice readout for cook temp and then you swipe to see your meat cook temp with a nice graph over time. There is an alarm that is set to go off if the lid is opened and the temp drops. I shut that off quickly. Alarm for when you reach your set point. Over all I liked it and it performed very well on basically an 11 hour cook yesterday. All the Q was excellent. Pork Butt, Baby Backs, Ring of Ho-made German snasuage. :db

You will love it. It comes with two adapters and a couple of spacers (if needed) to get the adapter to seat securely. I loved the AC and not having to worry about the battery running down on a long cook. One thing is that there is a toggle on the app to turn the fan "on". If you don't hit that toggle no fan. Seems like the fan shouldn't need a toggle but OK. The app has a nice readout for cook temp and then you swipe to see your meat cook temp with a nice graph over time. There is an alarm that is set to go off if the lid is opened and the temp drops. I shut that off quickly. Alarm for when you reach your set point. Over all I liked it and it performed very well on basically an 11 hour cook yesterday. All the Q was excellent. Pork Butt, Baby Backs, Ring of Ho-made German snasuage. :db
Thanks for the info. Sounds great. I'm looking forward to it.

coconut curry chicken with tofu over basmati rice and asparagus from my garden - (4 years in the making what a difference from the home grown to store bought - night and day)
- made some naan bread on a cast iron pan
washed it all down with some my Niagara on the Lake 2023 Riesling

IMG_3242.jpg

Latest posts

Back