an unusual ebay find

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

countrygirl

Reaction score
picture.php

i'm not sure where to begin. found this on ebay when searching floor corkers. the wooden part is handmade, obviously, lol, and whoever made this (the seller said it was his uncle) added the corking hardware on it themselves. the triangular piece at the bottom adjusts to fit different size bottles. u can't see the lever on the opposite side that pushes the cork in. i've already figured out i won't be able to use synthetic corks (don't ask), so will need to order plain old fashion corks. # 9 for most bottles, correct?
action works very smoothly. anyone ever seen anything like this?

cool, I thought it was maybe more for decoration. Thats pretty awesome.

hey, if it doesn't work out, u just gave me a great idea!!! our house is decorated very rustically, so it will fit right in with the decor, lol. i could put it next to the fireplace with some bottles?? i will post here if it actually corks properly. now i must order corks....george...

Hey Girl. That is very interesting. Could you possibly post a pic from the front so we can see just how the height adjustment works? great find.
Brad

OOOOPS PLEASE

Looks like an ancient capper I have around to me. You *sure* it's a corker?

i will try to post more pics tonight, especially to show the mechanism.

sorry i haven't posted pics:(
i've lost my card reader..but i used the corker today! it works! i used two different kinds of bottles and one definitely corked better than the other??
it definitely uses only natural corks; synthetic ones get stuck in the narrowing chamber:(
i told hubby i still needed a floor corker and then i could just have this one as a conversation piece...he laughed:(

Back