Nightmare Floor Corker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never know, I guess you could make a cover but its just easier to wipe it off.

Hell I'm still enough of a newbie I was waiting for him to post a picture of his cover........
smiley4.gif

I guess you could plastic bag it................

Well, in any case I will try out my new porteguese floor corker this weekend. I have an amaronne to bottle.
smiley4.gif

I hope the wine gods will give you some to "taste" after finishing bottling.
smiley2.gif

Tepe, I am sure the wine Gods will offer me a little taste!!
smiley36.gif
Actually, this will be my first wine that I have bulk aged. Just a couple of months, but I guess that is considered "bulk aging".

Tried to put the leg stand on the floor corker to use it. Very unstable.
So far......not too impressed with the floor corker.
smiley5.gif

uavwmn said:
Tried to put the leg stand on the floor corker to use it. Very unstable.
So far......not too impressed with the floor corker.
smiley5.gif

What is the issue? Do you have it assembled correctly? Maybe you could post a pic of it and we can see if it is put together right. It should be pretty stable.

Can't imagine why.. Show us a pix.

S/B simple enough..

At work at the moment, but when I get home I will post a picture of it.
I know I am not that mechanically challenged I can't tighten a bolt or screw......but then.......ya never know!!
smiley36.gif

The first time I assembled my floor corker, I did it backwards and we ended up drinking 6 bottles of wine before I realized I had turned it into a floor uncorker.
smiley2.gif

- Jim

JimCook said:
The first time I assembled my floor corker, I did it backwards and we ended up drinking 6 bottles of wine before I realized I had turned it into a floor uncorker.
smiley2.gif

- Jim

You drank 6 bottles and could still operate the device????

Ahh Master I humbly bow

Ok, here is a couple pictures of the bottom of the floor corker.
It has 2 little bolts that look to me adjusts the spring tightness of the bottle seat. But hey.....what the heck do I know?
smiley36.gif
Any body can jump in here. haha
20090712_084416_floorcorker2.jpg

20090712_084013_floorcorker1.jpg

Here are pics of my floor corker. It looks to be the same set up. I think your legs are mounted to the wrong nut and bolt. It should be the one to the back of the corker. Make sure its perpendicular to the front leg. Yours is a bolt where mine is a screw holding the leg in place. You can see the paint is worn where it should be placed if you look closely enough.

floorcorker1.jpg

floorcorker2.jpg

lol, not yet. I whacked my back out and can't bend over. lol. to the Dr I go today. what a pain in the butt this is.
smiley36.gif

uavwmn said:
lol, not yet. I whacked my back out and can't bend over. lol. to the Dr I go today. what a pain in the butt this is.
smiley36.gif

I thought you said it was your back?
smiley4.gif

Best thoughts for you, Iandalsobelieve Wade can attest to the back pain. Can't do a dang thing

Gaudet, got to fix the floor corker yesterday. Used that back bolt and it is sturdy as a rock!! Thanks!! Wish I had something to bottle right now.
smiley36.gif

You could come out here and bottle my blackberry. But it's not ready yet either. The strawberry is next on deck I think. As it's the oldest in carboy not counting the Persian lime mead which still hasn't cleared. It's probably still fermenting.

Gaudet, just let me know and I will be out there with an empty case to bring back here full. hahaha

Back