Before I knew better

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arne

Reaction score
Back in July of 09 I bottled a gal batch of currant wine. Grabbed whatever bottles I had, filled em and corked em. One of them was a screw top. Opened it last night. Did not even notice it was a screw top til I touched the cork with the corkscrew and pushed the cork into the bottle. It was on its side and did not leak while stored. The wine tasted very good, probably should not have but sometimes you get lucky. Had to have known I was using that kind of bottle. At the time all I had was one of those plastic handy corkers. The thing you are supposed to push the corks in with. Got the corks in, but the floor corker rocks. Take care all, hope this stops somebody from doing what I did, Nuthin broke, everything safe this time, but will not try it again. Arne.

A few cliches come to mind: "Live and learn"; "What you don't know won't hurt you"; "God protects fools and children." I'll let you pick the one you believe most appropriate for this situation.

Fred

Latest posts

Back