Bottling cane/hose

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the allinonepump and works great for bottling, I highly recommend it, no messes or spills....

ThanksFabiola

Before coming up with the Allinone I used the spring loaded bottlingwand, but I had to remove the spring to assist me in bottling because of the punted bottles. I would always tend to spill when transferring from bottle to bottle and it was never a consistenant height – I always had to adjust them using a syringe or something similar and I was barely able to move the next day, because I bent over the whole time while bottling.

When using the spring loaded bottling wand if tou fill the bottle all the way to the top with the spring tip resting on the bottom of the bottle. When you remove the wand the wine level goes down to a perfect and consistant level for corking. I find that this works perfect for all size and shape bottles. I will say that extremely deeply punted bottles it is a challenge balancing the wand on the top of the punt.

I've been in heaven ever since I bought an Enlomatic. Not only for bottleing but also for some transferring.
The vacuum is not strong enough so is a little slow when transferring.
The wand was great for several years but too messy. It is faster especially when the bottleing tub is full.

Thanks for all the good feedback.

One last question, I hear people saying that bottling is better from the bottom of the bottle versus filling from the top, to avoid a bit of splashing.

Does it really matter?

One last question, I hear people saying that bottling is better from the bottom of the bottle versus filling from the top, to avoid a bit of splashing.

Does it really matter?

Splashing will cause a little oxidation of the wine. Probably not a lot.

BTW, the Buon Vino Fill Jet and others fill the bottle from the top. They cascade the wine down the side. Not sure what the difference would be.

Steve

With the Enlomatic you can tilt the bottle slightly to get it to run down the side. Otherwise it will splash and if you try to fill too fast will splash a lot.

geek said:

Does it really matter?

With the Allinonewinepump it is designed to fill from the top on An angle to prevent splashing of the wine while still under vacuum

i see where you sell a #6.5 stopper for carboys and most places recommend a #7 does is matter?

The size of the opening varies a bit from manufaturer to manufacturer. I have both and use the one that fits in well ends up just proid of the top edge. If it wants to push in too easily and far, go to the larger size.

i see where you sell a #6.5 stopper for carboys and most places recommend a #7 does is matter?

I custom make all my stoppers - so whatever size you need I can make for you.
Typically a #6.5 is the most common

Steve, do you also make one for demi john, just curiosity.

I know is not recommended but I racked wine into a demi john last night using the AIO pump.

I had to wrap some duct tape around the bung to make it big enough to fit the demi john and in order to create the vacuum.....worked well....:db

Steve, do you also make one for demi john, just curiosity.

I know is not recommended but I racked wine into a demi john last night using the AIO pump.

I had to wrap some duct tape around the bung to make it big enough to fit the demi john and in order to create the vacuum.....worked well....:db

I do make bungs from #2-12
Yes others have used them from barrels and even demi jons - I do recommend using a 1/2 racking hose to lower your vacuum and increase your flow at the same time.

My new website will be up soon and you can order one then or you can PM me

I do make bungs from #2-12
Yes others have used them from barrels and even demi jons - I do recommend using a 1/2 racking hose to lower your vacuum and increase your flow at the same time.

My new website will be up soon and you can order one then or you can PM me

I have both racking canes, the very first one which is long down to the carboys and the newer one which is short and has an angle inside that shoots the wine to the side of the carboy.

That short one is the one I've been using all this time.

Hi freqflyer

Get the 6 1/2 bung. I had the same concerns and got the 7. I found the permanent tubing in the bung limits the compression factor of the rubber, and I have to really push to get the 7 into my carboys, and even then it's not as secure as I'd like it to be. I need to get a 6 1/2 but just never quite get around to it. But the AIO you will love!

Pam in cinti

Back