Drying Bottles????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dantrubak

Reaction score
So after I clean my bottles and give a kmeta spray, do I need to let the bottles dry completely before filling? Do I need to rinse out the kmeta too?

Thanks!

Place them on a bottle dryer and let them drip dry a little, they do not need to be completely dry to start to fill

No you don't. Just let the excess drip out and go ahead and fill them.

I do not wait for the bottles to dry, and I do not rinse out the sanitizer. I do use a bottle tree to drain the bottles, and I do shake the upside-down bottle a little to get rid of any excess before filling. I also sanitize the bottles shortly before filling.

Steve

Soak and bottle brush in k meta hot water. Drain on a bottle tree about 10-15 minutes then bottle. They are still moist inside.

If I'm not using my bottles right away I would them on their sides in a cold oven and then preheat the oven to just over 212 degrees F (boiling of water). Once it reaches temp I would let the over heat the bottles until there isn't any condensation seen in the bottles.

Then I'd turn the oven off and let the bottles cool in the oven. After they are cool I would then put them in a divided wine case tops down.

I have even dried a glass carboy this way once or twice.

While that may work, it sounds like a lot of work to me. I just spritz with K-meta and drain on a bottle tree. ;)

Latest posts

Back