Got some bottling done....

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whino-wino

Reaction score
I haven't been visiting the forum lately. Spring is here and there's so much to do with the garden and the lawn (and of course I need to work on my golf handicap) that I haven't had much time to spend on the computer.

It was cold and rainy here this past Memorial day, so I decided it was a good day for bottling.

DSCF0505640x480.jpg

On the right is 3 gallons of pineapple
In the center is 4 gallons of Wild Blueberry (my favorite wine!)
On the left is 5 gallons of elderberry (which I think is going to be awesome based on taste tests so far)

Way down on the end, you can barely see the top of a 375ml bottle which has about 60% elderberry and 40% wild blueberry. It is the only one I have and if it turns out to be great I'm going to kick myself for not blending more of them but I just couldn't bring myself to lower the number of wild blueberry bottles that I have.

I also went to mow my yard last Saturday and said to myself, "Self, you've got an awful lot of dandelions in your yard." Of course you can guess where I went from there. I had planned to do 5 gallons, but after about 3 hours of cutting petals off of flowers with a scissors I figured 3 gallons would do just fine. It's foaming away happily in my basement as I write this.

They all look great whino.....That Elderberry/Blueberry blend sounds really good !!!

Awesome job Whino!
smiley32.gif
The pineapple looks crystal clear. Did you use a clarifier, and how old were they at bottling?

K&GB said:
Awesome job Whino!
smiley32.gif
The pineapple looks crystal clear. Did you use a clarifier, and how old were they at bottling?

Yes I did use Super-Kleer on all three. The blueberry was started back in mid-February and had been on oak for 7 weeks. The pineapple had been filtered about 2 1/2 weeksbefore bottlingand the elderberry was filtered a few days after that. I probably should have let them all bulk age a bit longer, but then I have to remember to check the airlocks from time to time and I'd rather just age it in the bottle.

I'm not super computer-savvy so my labels are pretty simple, but here they are if you really want to see them:

DSCF0506640x480.jpg

DSCF0508640x480.jpg

DSCF0509640x480.jpg

Whino, sometimes plain labels are just more elegant!!!!!!! Something I have to learn. I always want to do something like that then it spirals into hours of fidgeting with pasting and cutting of 3 or 4 pictures until I go insane!
smiley29.gif

Wino, very nice looking labels. And the wine looks dang good also!!
smiley4.gif

Latest posts

Back