I need a good online supplier

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dknowlton

Junior
Reaction score
My local wine supply shop closed up and I'm wondering if anyone can give me advice on a good online supplier. Shipping costs are ridiculous on every site I have checked out so far. I did find some pretty good deals on ebay with free shipping but want to find a supplier I can use regularly.

Thanks

Shipping is a bit high at every reliable supplier. Watch out for those that give free shipping- you pay more for other things or customer service is lacking. There are a couple that sponsor this site that are very good and have reasonable shipping. Add those up and they are the best deals.

My suggestion is to identify a few good value suppliers and compare them for each kit you want to purchase. I've found retailers may vary by 25% on kits, selling one for more and another for less and most have sales from time to time. Also, not all suppliers carry Winexpert, Spagnols, and Cellar Craft. Having said that, here's a few I use: labelpeelers.com, winemakingsuperstore.com, finevinewines.com, southernhomebrew.com. FYI, labelpeelers offers an extra 10% off on your first purchase.

Lastly, get on store mailing lists to get emails on specials.

Tony P.

Fine vine wines gets most of my business. Great customer service and. Wry fair prices even with shipping to Ct from Texas.

Where are you located, maybe someone knows of a LHBS close to you?

I'm in the beautiful finger lakes wine country in upstate ny. trumansburg ny to be specific. surrounded by vineyards and wineries...great place to live except the supply shop closed up. lol

Northern Brewer is a great supplier as well, and just happens to be one of the forum sponsors. They have a $7.99 flat shipping rate on most things. This excludes wine kits though, but for other things it's a good deal, just wait for a while and stock up. Great customer service as well.

morewinemaking.com and napafermentation.com are also 2 that I tend to check out. Oh and no one mentioned Midwest yet, so midwestsupplies.com.

I tend to use midwest, morewinemaking, and fine vine wines above all others.

I use both northernbrewer.com and finevinewines.com. Here lately I have shifted most of my business to finevinewines.com.

Brew and Wine supply a vendor of the site is my go to source.

Great customer service - and has matched or beaten all prices I have come across.

thanks for all the great suggestions. I just placed a big order with fine vine wines. they seemed to have the best selection and prices. I also like the 10% off they gave me for being a new customer and the $5.00 coupon they give for your birthday. seem like a great supplier

Back