Just lost my crop to birds!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I can't believe it, I just can't frigging believe it. I was checking the Pinot vines this morning, everything was well. The wife just said there are birds in the back yard. Five out of six vines have ZERO grapes left on them. I'm so mad I could spit. I wasn't going to have enough to do anything with other than watch the maturity continue, see how high the Brix would get etc.. I guess next year the minute I have good veraison started, the netting goes up. I hate birds!

Last edited:
I can't believe it, I just can't frigging believe it. I was checking the Pinot vines this morning, everything was well. The wife just said there are birds in the back yard. Five out of six vines have ZERO grapes left on them. I'm so mad I could spit. I wasn't going to have enough to do anything with other than watch the maturity continue, see how high the Brix would get etc.. I guess next year the minute I have good veraison started, the netting goes up. I hate birds!
Ugh. That sucks! Sorry dude. Pop something open and drown ur sorrows :-/

Back