Label Challenge- Attention Joan and rgecaprock

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey !!! Where did my post go? I just posted how the label was created. Did I post it somewhere else
smiley5.gif

I had a post disappear to Waldo, to Tomy to tell him what you did, to put a bottle away. Hit the post button and it was gone! I'm sure it will land in some obscure place on the internet where no one will know what t means.

I guess I have been up too long.
OK...One more time
1. Googled the train image
2. Used Adobe to sharpen and clear up image like I wanted it
3. Created background in Print Shop
4. Imported graphic to Print Shop
5. Applied a feathering special effect to image to blend it in with background.
6. Added text using the headline feature in Print Shop and "viola" a label was born

What I do sometimes is type in the whole post as I want it- usually the really long ones with pictures and everything. I then go to post it and instead of hitting post reply right under the box, I hit the post reply at the bottom right corner of the screen. That starts a new post and you lose everything you just entered. It can be a bit frustrating when I need to try to remember what I typed the first time. Edited by: appleman

Sometimes I get Phishing error messages...or a page will come up that is totally unrelated...usually a Microsoft page....Then...go back to square one...
smiley7.gif

jobe05 said:
I had a post disappear to Waldo, to Tomy to tell him what you did, to put a bottle away. Hit the post button and it was gone! I'm sure it will land in some obscure place on the internet where no one will know what t means.

I believe you will find your post somewhere in the pile of unmatched socks that don't make it past the spin cycle.
smiley4.gif

I just finished a label for our Australian Shiraz but I am at a loss to figure out how to post the image. Any suggestions. I tried following instructions here to insert image.

Miss Rocky, a few things to know, make the file name without any "?>,, in other words just label it something like wine. If there are any commas or apostrophes it will not post. Also make sure the file size is less than 150 kb, if need be resize it with software on your computer or PM me and Ill search for the free resizing tool if you need it. It is a program from Microsoft which downloads easy and is very easy to use and will help you send emails faster if your sending pictures via email.

Thanks, Wade. I do have a very good Microsoft program for resizing, etc. It is Photo Editor. I have several art programs, which is what I like to mess with most on my computer. I did resize the photo but still have no luck getting it in my post, including deleting the markings you mentioned.

Anyway, I have emailed the label design to appleman and he will post it for me tomorrow. Then I will post how I made it.

I had another label that I designed yesterday for our orange wine, but it came out too small for my liking and I will do it over again. Otherwise it was beautiful. When I finish that, I will submit it. I make all our labels and I really have fun doing it.

Thanks, Rich. Maybe some day I will figure out how to post an image here.

20071217_070840_Australian_Shir.jpg

I started out on the Internet searching for an Australian Shiraz grape photo. Found that and snatched it off the site.

As I was doing that, I came across the kangaroo photo and snatched that and incorporated it into my photo.

I used my Picture It! program for everything. Love that program!
Then I added the text for the name and played with it until I got it to bend the way I wanted it. Added our winery name and our names and the date the wine was finished. That's the date we usually use, even though it may not get botttled right away. We usually let it bulk age in the wine "cellar" for a couple or three months before bottling.

With our new laserjet printer the labels come out marvelous. I use Avery 5164 label sheets.....6 to a sheet. Simple!

P.S. This particular label looks much sharper when it is smaller and inserted onto the actual label paperEdited by: appleman

Joan and Romona:
Since there were two threads going, I wanted to tell you ladies what an outstanding job you did on both of those labels. If I only had 1/10th of the talent!

smiley32.gif

Now...how much do you charge to design labels!? I'm thinking you'd have a whole crew of willing participants!

smiley36.gif

LOL!

I do have a question about Photoshop...is it able to do elements that aren't pictures? In other words...say I want to design a graphic image for a wax seal...do I have to buy the $$$ version of Photoshop or will the $$ version do graphics like that?

I think the $100 Photoshop Elements 6 will do the job. Download it free for 30 days to see if it will do what you want.

Disclaimer: I do NOT work for Adobe! (I just wish I did!
smiley4.gif
)

Joan said:
Charge? I'm supposed to charge?
smiley4.gif

I say if you don't charge, you should at least sign the label........

I'm getting old and very forgetful..... How am I suppose to keep track of who did what and when........... In 10 years I'm gonna be sitting there slurring out the words and trying to rack my brain as to how I made that pretty label.............. Not a pretty picture is it?
smiley36.gif

Oooops...... Sorry.......

By the way, I tried the tracking number I gave you and it didn't work. I left the receipt on my desk at the office, I'll check it and give you the correct one tomorrow. Sorry.

No worries....I just appreciate the effort you're going through and I'm very grateful for the wines you selected! Wooohooo!!!

BTW....you realize we're sorta related...both Aquarians...no wonder I love your sense of humour!

jobe05 said:
Joan said:
Charge? I'm supposed to charge?
smiley4.gif

I say if you don't charge, you should at least sign the label........

I'm getting old and very forgetful..... How am I suppose to keep track of who did what and when........... In 10 years I'm gonna be sitting there slurring out the words </font>and trying to rack my brain as to how I made that pretty label.............. Not a pretty picture is it?
smiley36.gif
In 10 years,
smiley2.gif
you mean to tell me that your not slurring them right about now!
smiley36.gif

Edited by: wade

Latest posts

Back