Label size/paper

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubaman2151

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have these two labels that I want to print out, however im not sure what size they should be when I print them so they fit on the bottles right. I dont know what to print them on either, plain paper (does this look ok?) or get some pre-made labels so that I can just print them and stick them on the bottles?

These are the labels im trying to print:

MezzaLunaRed.jpg

ScubasRedZinBsm.jpg

Scuba

You can go to Avery label templates and download a template from them for free. I use the 6 per sheet template which I believe is 3.33" x 3.33". The plain paper works but glossy paper works better even for inkjet printers. I use Georges pre gummed labe paper now as it works better then the plain paper and a glue stick but I have used plain paper and itb works but keep the bottles at room temp until you are done labeling them as if they are cold the labels dont stick very well.
<table ="Catalog" id="products" align="center" border="1" bordercolor="#000000" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><t><tr><td ="table" align="default" width="2%"><div align="center">4578 </td>
<td width="5%"><div align="center">
%5Cimages%5C6112_sm.gif
</td>
<td width="20%">

White Label Paper - 18 pk.

Natural Wheat Glue - 8.5" X 11". Can make up to 12 labels per sheet.</td>
<td width="2%"><div align="right">$4.99</td>
<td width="2%">
</td></tr></t></table>

Nice labels...really like the first one....

Print them any way you want....label paperor plain paper and cut them out...They will be great either way!!!

Scuba, I made the first label 4 x 5 but that's a bit tall for a burgundy bottle. I can change the size on it if you want.

The red zin is a tad under 3 3/4 x 6. That can be resized as well.

I use the avery program and I print on plain paper. Then I spray the sheets with krylon matte spray. Then, believe it or not, I take a small brush and paint the back side with MILK and apply it to the bottle. It is easy to apply to the bottle and straighten and in a few seconds it is stuck on. Labels are then very easy to remove. Just don't put your bottles in an ice bucket!!

I'm not sure what sizes they are now but the ones I posted will be great.

Both of those labels have a great fell to them .excellent work!!The back ground in the 2nd one is perfect.

Latest posts

Back