MAKING A GSM

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VintNurse1

Junior
Reaction score
This year I am making a GSM and am wondering if it is best to use yeasts that compliment each varietal or to use the same yeast for each one. Will 3 different yeasts combine well to create a great GSM. Any help would be appreciated.

I agree with Craig.

However, consider that ANY red wine yeast will work, so don't get too hung up on choosing the "perfect" yeast for each varietal. Make what seems like the right choice(s) at the time, and don't sweat it. Different strains bring out different characteristics, but they all work. You can't make a bad choice.

I agree with Craig.

However, consider that ANY red wine yeast will work, so don't get too hung up on choosing the "perfect" yeast for each varietal. Make what seems like the right choice(s) at the time, and don't sweat it. Different strains bring out different characteristics, but they all work. You can't make a bad choice.

Awesome, thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it. Sometimes it’s easy to overthink things, I guess it’s best to just keep it simple. Very happy to have a place where I can go to ask questions from people who have more experience than me.

Awesome, thank you so much for your input. I really appreciate it. Sometimes it’s easy to overthink things, I guess it’s best to just keep it simple. Very happy to have a place where I can go to ask questions from people who have more experience than me.
It's very easy to overthink things.

Keep this in mind -- YOU are not making wine. The yeast is. You're just providing what you hope is guidance. ;)

Note: you can edit posts for a period of time, but cannot delete them. If you want me to nuke the extraneous post, I can do so.

Your reply is perfectly appropriate and appreciated. And you are perfectly right the yeast IS doing all the work even though it feels like I’m doing it lol! Thanks again

Latest posts

Back