Marijuana surpasses alcohol in daily use for Americans, study finds

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to drive to Michigan to get a gummie called Calm, which has three cbd type chemicals and 1 mg of thc so you can’t get high unless you eat about ten. I take one when I pull a muscle in my back and it helps quite a bit. It’s a shame that this is so hard to get.

All of the recipes in the book call for 2-4oz dried “trimmings” per gallon. I imagine using the good stuff would make a much more potent wine.

National average price is $265 for one O-Z of medium grade pot, Google says. :oops: That book is from back in the day when Columbian was $30 an ounce. 😄

I think it’s interesting to see how societal habits shift over time. With the rise in daily marijuana use surpassing alcohol, it reflects changing attitudes toward these substances. People might be looking for alternatives that fit their lifestyle better, which could explain this trend. If someone is trying to cut back on alcohol, exploring options like cannabis could be a way to reduce consumption while still enjoying something.

Personally, I recently bought a vape and found it to be a safer alternative for me after quitting regular cigarettes. The transition was much smoother, and I feel it’s a healthier choice overall. It’s similar to how people might consider cannabis as a substitute for alcohol—both can provide a different experience while potentially reducing health risks. If you're looking for healthier habits, trying something like vaping might be worth considering, especially if you're looking to make a lifestyle change. For anyone curious about switching from traditional smoking, Crave Vape has some great options that could help!

National average price is $265 for one O-Z of medium grade pot, Google says. :oops: That book is from back in the day when Columbian was $30 an ounce. 😄
in michigan an oz costs $50 for shake and $65 for buds, i have a friend who smokes and makes the drive every couple months. He's much better off smoking rather than being a heavy drinking alcoholic.

My son grows pot and although I have nothing against it I don't use it. He does tell me it has to be heated to a certain point for it to be effective. This is probably why it is smoked. BTW, up to 4 plants are legal in VA though it is still no legal by the feds.

My son grows pot and although I have nothing against it I don't use it. He does tell me it has to be heated to a certain point for it to be effective. This is probably why it is smoked. BTW, up to 4 plants are legal in VA though it is still no legal by the feds.

That's not accurate. Simply eating the buds and/or leaves will get you high. Or, grind them up with a mortar and pestle and bake them into brownies or whatever. The only drawback is that pot that is eaten takes longer to have an effect, so some people keep eating and eating it. Then when they get high they get TOO high. The big benefit is that you save your lungs.

Pot is still harshly dealt with in the Deep South states, including mine. 1-6 plants can get you 6-10 years in the pen in TN.

Speaking as a retired chemist in a State where cannabis is legal. You can eat all the bud you want and NOT get high unless it is "carbed". @mainshipfred speaketh the truth.

You have to heat up bud in an oven beforehand at a certain time and temp or smoke it in order to get the buzz.

Speaking as a retired chemist in a State where cannabis is legal. You can eat all the bud you want and NOT get high unless it is "carbed". @mainshipfred speaketh the truth.

You have to heat up bud in an oven beforehand at a certain time and temp or smoke it in order to get the buzz.

Huh. That is not my personal experience. Shrug.

Last edited:
Just thought I would chime in, youhave to decarb the weed to make oil, butter or brownies. Flower gets discarded when you smoke, or vape it.

Yep, that's what I have learned here, but I get a buzz just eating the buds. I do the pinch between the cheek and gum thing all the time for pain relief (shhhh, don't tell Tennessee! I'll be the felonious bitch for a murderer named Bubba!).

But I have a low threshold for drugs. My doc prescribes me (at my request), 325/75 generic Percocet for when I destroy myself working on the farm, and he laughs at me when I tell him I eat a quarter of one at a time and get relief from it. "No way!" he says. "That is, like, NOTHING!" (I have a cool doc.) But hey, it works for me.

One time, I did the pinch between cheek and gums thing and went to a gathering of friends who were unaware, and my friend was looking at me closely all night. LOL! I guess he could tell...

I read that light also decarbs it, so I will set some in the sun and see what happens when I eat it. I don't want to smoke it anymore. Hard on the lungs, and this modern shit is WAY potent. Now, to get wood1954 to ship me some $50 an ounce pot. 🤣

I read this week in the NY Times that wine consumption is down to a 27-year low.

Yep, that's what I have learned here, but I get a buzz just eating the buds. I do the pinch between the cheek and gum thing all the time for pain relief (shhhh, don't tell Tennessee! I'll be the felonious bitch for a murderer named Bubba!).

But I have a low threshold for drugs. My doc prescribes me (at my request), 325/75 generic Percocet for when I destroy myself working on the farm, and he laughs at me when I tell him I eat a quarter of one at a time and get relief from it. "No way!" he says. "That is, like, NOTHING!" (I have a cool doc.) But hey, it works for me.

One time, I did the pinch between cheek and gums thing and went to a gathering of friends who were unaware, and my friend was looking at me closely all night. LOL! I guess he could tell...

I read that light also decarbs it, so I will set some in the sun and see what happens when I eat it. I don't want to smoke it anymore. Hard on the lungs, and this modern shit is WAY potent. Now, to get wood1954 to ship me some $50 an ounce pot. 🤣
I wake up at 3 am and cant go to sleep. So I have 2 or 3 puffs of some good indica and sleep great till 7 am

I wake up at 3 am and cant go to sleep. So I have 2 or 3 puffs of some good indica and sleep great till 7 am

I wanna avoid the puff part, is the thing. :) If I eat a bit of bud before sleep, I sleep like a baby. But mostly, I use it for pain relief.

Back