Nevada winemaker

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

We have a 3-generation family farm in Reno and we raise 40 vines of Lemberger grapes in addition to a number of animals and most of our own vegetables. We’ve been making wine for 6 years and we’re getting better every year, but still have a lot to learn. We typically bottle 75-100 bottles per year. We harvest in early October and usually bottle somewhere between March and July. Happy to answer any questions you might have, but grateful for the collective wisdom of the group!

Hi all,

We have a 3-generation family farm in Reno and we raise 40 vines of Lemberger grapes in addition to a number of animals and most of our own vegetables. We’ve been making wine for 6 years and we’re getting better every year, but still have a lot to learn. We typically bottle 75-100 bottles per year. We harvest in early October and usually bottle somewhere between March and July. Happy to answer any questions you might have, but grateful for the collective wisdom of the group!
Welcome. In general I think think the grape growing potential of the intermountain West is underrated.

Welcome. In general I think think the grape growing potential of the intermountain West is underrated.
Agreed! It can get sketchy with an early frost, but it hardly takes any water, grows in poor soil, and does very well with the lengthening summers!

It’s worked very well for us. We’ve had a few people who weren’t fond of it, but otherwise universal love for that grape.
True story -- a friend could rate Chardonnay very accurately -- the less she liked it, the higher she knew it was generally rated. She'd taste one, say "this one is really good", then pass the glass to to her husband or me. 🤣

If you have more than 50% liking your wine, you're doing good!

Latest posts

Back