New Label

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hopefully I will be bottling tomorrow. This will be one of the wines I plan to bottle. The name Boyce on the Apple cart is the farmer I bought the apple cider from. I look forward to taking a few bottles to him. He has no idea who I am, so the surprise of an unexpected gift will be the best part.

CountryApple.jpg

Last edited:
That will hopefully get you some points with the name on the cart and giving him bottles of the cider. Can't hurt and can only help.

Do unto others as you would have done to you. or give more that you intend to receive

Thats a nice one Dan and he should be thrilled. Is that a pic of you many years ago??? :)

Not looking for any points. He's a big time fruit farmer in the west county and presses the cider out of a building on his property. Nothing special about it which is what I like. Plus he gave me the bulk rate of 3.25 gallon since I came in with my primary bucket. I am looking forward to paying him back.

do you know what I see in that label Dan that i am wondering if you see?

no....i see the same thing that the farmer is going to have flash across his *third eye* when you bring him his gift of wine made from his apples

i see a business and am wondering why you dont get a license and start selling....

the farmer may think he is too old and might pass on the idea of doing it himself...a son or daughter might fancy the idea as well......but you have wine making in you and have background in it......so you are ahead of them all...it is at your doorstep

Al thanks for the vote of confidence. Very nice post. I have a friend near by that owns a Blueberry farm that plans on opening a winery at his stand just four months a year. I don't think he's in over his head but I don't feel his wines are just right yet. I will be watching the process and see how things go. I told another winery I have became friends with that they could call me anytime they needed help and I would be glad to volunteer some time.

"I don't think he's in over his head but I don't feel his wines are just right yet. "

are your wines *there yet*?

What are the laws over there Dan, I looked into it awile ago and was told by the town I had to grow 35% of my own fruit on my own land to make my own wine and sell it.

Dan...to start i know this...i dont know the laws in PA.....what i do know is that you have enough $$ to bottle wine...that same wine can be sold and flipped over and over again...i dont think it matters if its 30 bottles or 60 to start.....so what does the law say you need?

Honestly I have never looked into it but if Kevin comes on he'll be able to answer these questions My friend that is planning on opening one this year is in Fla. for the winter but will be back soon.

Latest posts

Back