Post a Meme, any Meme! (no politics)

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted a similar comment in March of last year and it got taken down by @ibglowin with the following comment: "Sorry but jokes about kicking transgender people until they are straight are not funny or appropriate." Where's the consistency?
The honest answer is there isn't any consistency. The moderators are unpaid volunteers who use their free time to herd cats.

I generally glance at all threads, but there's a lot of 'em and it's often a quick glance.

Additional to what YOU see, the mods have to address accounts and posts flagged by the software as suspicious. We investigate, and either white list it or kill it with fire. Most of the time this is 1 or 2 per week, but recently I have been handling 1 or 2 per day, and I'm just one moderator. If you look behind the curtain, there's a lot going on.

If a member or a post is a problem, PM any of the mods. Or all of us.

I posted a similar comment in March of last year and it got taken down by @ibglowin with the following comment: "Sorry but jokes about kicking transgender people until they are straight are not funny or appropriate." Where's the consistency?

Bye-bye, and thanks mods! That one was a clunker. There's lots of funny stuff out there without being divisive or making people angry or resentful. You would not believe the stuff that I post elsewhere that I would never post here! It's like the carpenter's old saying modified: Think twice, post once. 🤣

The honest answer is there isn't any consistency. The moderators are unpaid volunteers who use their free time to herd cats.

I generally glance at all threads, but there's a lot of 'em and it's often a quick glance.

Additional to what YOU see, the mods have to address accounts and posts flagged by the software as suspicious. We investigate, and either white list it or kill it with fire. Most of the time this is 1 or 2 per week, but recently I have been handling 1 or 2 per day, and I'm just one moderator. If you look behind the curtain, there's a lot going on.

If a member or a post is a problem, PM any of the mods. Or all of us.

Thanks for what you guys do. And yeah, the behind the scenes stuff can get to be a lot. Bots and etc., and now AI coming along... Wheee!

Sorry but it was labor day and my day off..............

Back